Arts news and views

ArtSnob is your site for fast postings of Daily News reviews, local art happenings and reader feedback.

Drop your comments here, e-mail us at arts@adn.com, or call Arts and Entertainment editor Mike Dunham at (907)-257-4332 or toll-free in Alaska, 800-478-4200, ext. 332.

2 for 1 deal for new musical premiere - 1/7/2013 5:11 pm

'Troyens' repeats Sunday - 1/6/2013 10:19 am

FIRST FRIDAY RAMBLES: Treasures at Two Friends - 1/5/2013 10:53 am

REVIEW: 'FREUD'S LAST SESSION' - 1/4/2013 10:49 am

New CIRQUE is out - 1/3/2013 2:08 pm

Bald soprano to be seen in Anchorage - 1/2/2013 9:50 am

Photographer Mishler looking for Kickstarter boost - 1/1/2013 3:09 pm

REVIEW: 'LAST DAY ON EARTH' - 12/22/2012 2:01 pm

Photographer Mishler looking for Kickstarter boost

Portrait AlaskaPortrait AlaskaPhotographer Clark James Mishler contacted us a couple of days ago to say that he is running a kickstarter campaign to raise funds for his upcoming book, "Portrait Alaska." His deadline, he says, is Sunday, Jan. 6.

"I am leaning on a few of my friends to help me through this week. I am calling upon everyone I know and I am leaning heavily upon those who might have an idea or two , perhaps something you would like to like to try but have been waiting for the right project. I have some terrific images and even some text that could be applied to this project. I just hope you will agree that this book is important and something worth the effort to bring to life.

"I want to raise $38,000 by pre-selling 1200 books by January 8th. She has been hearing about my one-man show at the Anchorage Museum for the past three years, and now I want to produce a book at the eleventh hour to accompany the show. Both the show and the book need to be completed for the April 20, 2013 opening and there is no time to waste!

"First, if you have not yet done so, I believe you might enjoy my three minute video on Kickstarter; here’s the link:

www.kickstarter.com/projects/2042181348/portrait-alaska

"Afterwards, I would appreciate your assisting the effort by pre-ordering my Portrait Alaska book at the Kickstart link. More importantly, I need you to immediately email this link to your friends, relatives, and associates, with a personal endorsement of the project and a request that they also view the video, purchase the book, and share this message with their list of friends.

"I know that this is a lot to ask, particularly during the holidays. I also know that selling 1200 books in such a short period of time is crazy, but I know this can happen, particularly if all my friends assist in the process!

"I promise that you will love this book!!! It will be, by far, the most beautiful publication I have ever created, and you will want to share it with everyone who comes to your home. Honest."

© Copyright 2011, The Anchorage Daily News. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.