ANCHORAGE, AK -- Sport Clips Haircuts has opened its first location in the State of Alaska at 8920 Old Seward Highway, adding to the more than 890 Sport Clips across the country.
“What’s better than being in a relaxing environment, where sports are on TV everywhere you look, with well-trained stylists and no need for an appointment when it’s time for a haircut?” said Colleen Peterson, owner of the new Sport Clips.
Sport Clips will offer clients:
- The MVP Experience – precision haircut, massaging shampoo, hot steamed towel treatment and neck and shoulder massage
- Stylists who specialize in male hair care and stay up-to-date on industry trends
- Haircut services without an appointment – walk-ins are welcome
- Large, flat-screen televisions playing sports programming at each haircut station and in the lobby, along with reading materials
- Special lighting and massaging chairs in the shampoo area to promote relaxation
- Male-focused hair care and styling products
- Discounts for military personnel, firefighters, police officers and EMTs.
Colleen, and her husband, John, became interested in Sport Clips after hearing an ad on ESPN radio.
“We visited a Sport Clips in the Philadelphia area and thought ‘guys in Anchorage need a place like this,” she said. The Petersons bought the license for the State of Alaska, and have plans to build five additional locations. Their second location is currently scheduled to open in November in Wasilla’s Target Shopping Center.
Store hours will be Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 8 p.m., Saturday from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m., and Sunday from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. Visit them online: Sports Clips Haircuts
About Sport Clips
Sport Clips is headquartered in Georgetown, Texas and was established in 1995 by founder and CEO Gordon Logan. The franchise ranks in Entrepreneur Magazine’s top 20 “fastest growing franchises” and in the top 100 in the “Franchise 500”, in the top 10 in Forbes’ “Top 20 Franchises To Start”, and in the top 50 in Dun & Bradstreet’s AllBusiness.com “2012 AllBusiness AllStars”. Sport Clips is the “Official Haircutter” of the Veterans of Foreign Wars (VFW) and offers veterans preferential pricing on haircuts and franchises. Their “Help a Hero” program has donated more than $1 million dollars to help soldiers overseas and in hospitals call home through the VFW’s Operation Uplink.