From Elizabeth Bluemink --
The Anchorage Chamber of Commerce on Tuesday announced the 2011 inductees to the Anchorage ATHENA Society. The awards are given for professional excellence, commitment to community and encouragement of women's leadership. The ATHENA local chapter is in its 17th year with more than 230 inducted so far. This year's inductees will receive their awards during a March 21 luncheon, noon to 1:30 p.m. at the Dena'ina Convention Center. The luncheon's scheduled speakers are U.S. Sen. Lisa Murkowski, R-Alaska and Liz Posey, president of the Anchorage Urban League Young Professionals.
The nine inductees are:
* Maver Carey, president of The Kuskokwim Corporation.
* Karen King, president of the Nerland Agency.
* Mary Jane Michael, board member of the Alaska Mental Health Trust Authority.
* Sammye Pokryfki, program officer for the Rasmuson Foundation.
* Debra Reinwand, president and CEO of Bradley Reid + Associates.
* Michele M. Schuh, comptroller/VP of First National Bank Alaska.
* Mary Shields, general manager of Northwest Technical Services.
* Thelma Snow-Jackson, case worker on immigrations/visas for the office of U.S. Senator Mark Begich.
* Tamie Taylor, vice president of construction operations for Bering Straits Native Corp.