Alaska Politics Blog

This is the place to talk about Alaska politics, state, local, national. Public life in the Last Frontier has rarely been more interesting -- a full slate of federal and state elections, the influence of former Gov. Sarah Palin, the usual hardball Alaska politics. Come here for news, tidbits and information, and join the discussion. We encourage lively debate, but please keep it civil and stay on point. Don't use profanity, make crude comments or attack other posters. Posts that violate the Terms of Use will be deleted. Repeat offenders will lose their ability to post comments.

New Senate organization announced - 11/7/2012 12:48 pm

Homer Revealed - 8/22/2012 2:08 pm

Seven-day countdown - 5/25/2012 8:37 pm

Anchorage city clerk resigns (UPDATED) - 5/23/2012 10:51 am

Gara to seek re-election - 5/2/2012 2:04 pm

For one lawmaker: Good news - 4/27/2012 12:20 pm

Anticipation in the Capitol - 4/26/2012 11:38 am

Election Commission finds 1/2 of precincts ran out of ballots; recommends no investigation - 4/25/2012 5:08 pm

Sarah Palin's homecoming

From Kyle Hopkins in Anchorage --

Gov. Sarah Palin arrived home tonight in Anchorage, met by shivering fans and questions from reporters, who wanted to know about Sen. Ted Stevens, her plans for 2012, and tension in the campaign.

Check it out:

Note: Earlier we posted some of the stories describing accusations and fingerpointing within the McCain-Palin campaign, including the anonymous charge that Palin doesn’t know her geography. A reporter asked her about the stories tonight, and while I couldn’t include it in my video – Palin was facing away from my microphone, so you can barely hear her – here’s what she said:

“If they’re an unnamed source, then that says it all. I won’t comment on anybody’s gossip, or allegations that are based on anonymous sources. That’s kind of a small, evidently bitter type of person who would anonymously charge something foolish like that, that I perhaps didn’t know an answer to a question.

“So until I know who was talking about it, I won’t have a comment on false allegations.”

(Let me know if you still want to see the clip, lousy audio and all, and I’ll put it up later.)

Finally, here's a bonus video on Palin's remarks about the media:

© Copyright 2011, The Anchorage Daily News. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

4     December 7, 2009 - 1:07am | bolingchina

Replica Watches at China

abercrombie fitch:abercrombie fitch
Replica Watches:Replica Watches
Replica Balenciaga Handbags:Replica Balenciaga Handbags
Replica Watches:Replica Watches
ralph lauren polos:ralph lauren polos
Bally Bags:Bally Bags
Replica Chanel:Replica Chanel
Replica Coach:Replica Coach
Bally Handbags:Bally Handbags
Replica Louis Vuitton:Replica Louis Vuitton