The Pebble Blog

The gigantic Pebble copper and gold prospect in Southwest Alaska is one of the touchiest topics in Alaska today.

In this blog, I'll track news that is significant or interesting about the Pebble project. I'll also try to generate discussion and information sharing about some of the claims and counterclaims about the project, and mining in general.

Please keep your comments courteous and on topic. If you violate the ADN comment policy, your posts will be deleted.

------------------------------------------------

About Elizabeth Bluemink ebluemink@adn.com

I've been writing about mining in Alaska since 2004 and without a doubt, it is one of the most interesting topics that I cover at the Daily News. I've been a newspaper reporter for the past 10 years. In the Deep South, I specialized in reporting about environmental conflicts and pollution cleanups. For two years, I covered commercial fishing, mining and logging in Southeast Alaska. In my current job as a Daily News business reporter, I write about mining, tourism, Native corporations and other businesses.

Pebble and the volcano (updated) - 4/19/2010 11:49 am

Lawyers debate Pebble - 4/15/2010 5:12 pm

New geology report on Pebble - 4/8/2010 1:45 pm

An independent study of Pebble? - 4/6/2010 9:50 am

APOC drills into anti-Pebble election spending - 2/26/2010 12:06 pm

New profile of Pebble foe Bob Gillam - 2/24/2010 11:02 am

Pebble, villages, fuel - 2/18/2010 4:03 pm

Pebble water-use violations - 2/15/2010 5:26 pm

Tuesday night's election story

Folks:
Just fyi, I confirmed today that I didn't give Bob Gillam's entire contribution to the "Yes" vote ballot group, Alaskans for Clean Water, in the story I wrote on Tuesday night about the vote results.

I left out a $250,000 contribution that occurred on July 8 that was on one part of the APOC web site, where scanned reports are stored, but not in the main database.

Anyway, after double-checking with APOC, the total amount that Gillam disclosed giving to the "Yes" vote campaign was $810,000.

20     March 8, 2010 - 4:13pm | lihuihui

love8382

We have the most LV Bags, Louis vuitton styles,your satisfaction is what we wish louis bags.replica designer handbag!

Outletlv.com has been dedicated in the business of best quality louis vuitton replica handbags for over 7 years.

Bestlouisvuitton.com has focused on commercial of best quality louis vuitton (LV) online shopping center handbag.

Discount Louis Vuitton Handbags,Wallets & Purse Online Store. In the my lv store buy cheap louis vuitton Handbags , You best choice.

New and cheap louis vuitton bags arrived! More discounts are just only in our website.

flag this »

14     February 4, 2010 - 6:26am | asep1981

Astaga.com lifestyle on the

Astaga.com lifestyle on the net Astaga.com lifestyle on the net | Tukang Kritik | Daily Good Tips | Astaga.com lifestyle on the net

flag this »

12     January 30, 2010 - 5:14am | axue

classic ugg tall

Many people care their health.To have a good cheap mbt shoes,will help reduce the anxious.I have many kinds of shoes,such as ugg boots sale, cheap ugg boots, even the christian louboutin high heels.Christian louboution shoes look beautiful, but mbt shoes helps more.I will do sports with my mbt chapa shoes,and then go to meeting with my christian shoes.

flag this »

11     January 29, 2010 - 10:32pm | kei111

GHD/CHI Straightener

Charming hair style - GHD Straightener and CHI Flat Iron
GHD Straightener and CHI Flat Iron are all good choices. Cheap but high-quality hair straightener is waiting for you.
Only about several minutes, your hair will be the style you want.
Try to find yourself cheap GHD Straightener or CHI Flat Iron. Don't buy a cheap metal straightener if possible.
How about your hair today? A good appearance can significantly affect your daily mood, confidence and the working efficiency.
If you have a strong desire to style your hair, GHD IV Mk4 are a good choice. Hair straighteners have become an essential beauty item for many a female across the world in the last decade.If you want to be an unforgettable beauty,you should style your hair first.
CHI Nano Ceramic is such beauty of modern that they can actually be used for almost any sort of hairstyle - from creating dead straight hair to giving your mop a vintage curl that will make heads turn

flag this »

10     January 29, 2010 - 4:43pm | menwatches

men watches

men watches is the men's only decorations.
women watches are also liked by women.so,
watches sale very well.
Louis Vuitton whatches and
Omega watches are well known as brand of watches.

flag this »

9     January 28, 2010 - 2:47am | bony

Powerful photo editing

Powerful photo editing functions are provided by Photo Editor Mac, such as adjust photo effect, apply special effects, add mask to photo, zoom/rotate photo, choose decorations to polish photo, add text, edit layers and more flexible settings. Almost all the edit functions you can imagine are available.

flag this »

7     December 21, 2009 - 5:13am | louve

Mass-produced stock lots

Mass-produced stock lots everyday,tiffany jewellery 98% items on our web are in stock now.

wholesale Inspired Tiffany tiffany jewelryjewelry,tiffany & co 925,sterling silver necklaces chains.

Unique tiffany and co earrings collection will be the perfect choice for those elegant and graceful ladies when attending some important occasions.

Just one pair of discount tiffany jewelry may easily catch people’s eyes and make you become the shiniest star in the spotlight.

When you are a faithful fan of Tiffany, and eager to own tiffany jewelry on sale , it is necessary for you to see some useful and effective information. Above of the introduction I hope it is helpful to you.

flag this »

4     December 7, 2008 - 1:40pm | charlierotario

Tuesday night's election story

This is not something that should be ignored. Elections are a very important part of our life and ignoring them meaning ignoring our future. We have to care otherwise we are doomed never to know what to expect when you quit smoking!
Charlie R
quite smoking | how to quit smoking | free hypnotism

flag this »

December 16, 2008 - 5:29am | huangjiung

A great resource!

Something really interested happened to us these days when we managed to see that weight loss tea is something really great if you want to get rid of your love handles :)

flag this »

3     October 28, 2008 - 12:32am | anitas

"Wanted" tells the tale of

"Wanted" tells the tale of one apathetic nobody's transformation into an unparalleled enforcer of justice. In 2008, we're introduced to a hero for a new generation: 25 year old employed slacker, WESLEY GIBSON
download dvd movies

flag this »

2     August 30, 2008 - 8:54pm | Scarfacemarlene

goodness gracious

Please don't SPEND any Leftover on sarah paylin,she'll greedy it up for her parents mine in wasilla,and make FUN of ALASKA again on national television..SARAH in dc,I DON'T THINK SO!! not with her two left feet,

flag this »

September 1, 2008 - 4:44am | Victor67

Good and Gracious Sarah

Sarah will be a great V.P.

Would you rather have the Marksist Obama and Mr. Bitter man Biden?

I don't think so!! Not with their four extreem left feet!

flag this »

August 31, 2008 - 9:31am | rfn

You'll like living in

obamanation where all commercial activity (especially resource-depleting fishing) is prohibited. Also the National Park pass needed to come home after a visit outside won't be prohibitively expensive; just a minor inconvenience.

flag this »

1     August 28, 2008 - 6:49pm | njalo99

in hindsight

I guess a little over 800,000 isn't enough to take on a whole industry....

flag this »

August 29, 2008 - 9:47am | rfn

Remember,

that $800,000 was just one contribution from one moneyed individual.

Curious whether we'll ever know how much came from secretive anonymous donors to organizations that don't have to report. The money to which The ADN referred as "laundered".

flag this »