Attention Alaska bands! A new show on KWHL 106.5 FM promises to provide a new outlet for the state's musicians and listening space for music fans.
Kurt Bunde and Chad Aurentz of AK Soul team with KWHL's DJ Alice on “The Pipeline,” which airs Sunday night from midnight to 1 a.m. The group is actively seeking quality music recordings to feature on the show which premiered March 12.
Bunde says it's very much a work in progress.
“The first show went well, with the exception that I sound like a MIX 103.1 reject,” he said. “Neither Chad or I have DJ skills. We just wanted people to have the chance to hear new music and local bands that are blowing up.”
The group is currently focusing its efforts on contemporary music -- rock, metal, hip-hop and singer-songwriters are all on the playlist -- from local and national artists.
“We wanted a venue to play new music you don’t hear on mainstream radio right now. So 75 percent of the show is dedicated to bands we like and hope to see play Alaska soon,” Bunde said. “The other 25 percent is dedicated to local music.”
Music samples, show dates and requests can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.