Carjack-shooting leaves man hospitalized : comments

Return to Carjack-shooting leaves man hospitalized

110     February 2, 2010 - 8:10pm | sportsworld

Our company is always making

Our company is always making effort on wholesale and retail of Air Jordan Shoes, NFL Jerseys, MBT Shoes, Nike TN and Puma Shoes Men . I would like to inform everyone likes sports apparels, we will offer discount up to 50% discount for large order, especially in NFL Jerseys, if you like these, please don’t hesitate to tell you friend, welcome group purchase in our online store.

flag this »

107     October 19, 2009 - 2:47am | cicekci

Thank you very much for this

Thank you very much for this information. çeviri tüm dillerde çeviri hizmetleri
tercüme ingilizce almanca rusça tercümeler
tercüme bürosu online tercüme bürosu
haber güncel haberler spor haberleri haber vizyonu
ingilizce çeviri Türkçe ingilizce çeviri hizmetleri
emlak satilik kiralik emlak ilanları
sahibinden emlak kiralik satilik evler
kiralik satilik ev ilanları beşiktaş etiler levent bireysel emeklilik bireysel emekliliğe katılım bes emeklilik En güncel haberler güncel haberler
siyaset haberleri siyaset haberleri Ekonomik gelişmeler ekonomi haberleri ekonomi haberleri yaşam haberleri yaşam haberleri dünya haber dünyadaki
haberler
spor haberi spor
haberi
magazin teknoloji teknoloji haberleri  kadın sağlık kadın sağlık sinema gişe sanat haberi sinema übersetzungen übersetzungen übersetzungsbüro übersetzungsbüro ingilizce çeviri ingilizce almanca çeviri almanca çeviri farsça çeviri çeviriler fransızca çeviri rusça çeviri ispanyolca çeviri çeviri yapılır italyanca çeviri romence çeviri dilerinde tercüme arapça çeviri fotograflar resim galeri
resimler video izleme görüntü seyret video seyret çiçekçi çiçek siparişi çiçekçi çiçekçiler

flag this »

105     December 6, 2007 - 3:57am | tgoddardboy

give him......

99 years - the max !!

flag this »

104     December 5, 2007 - 7:05pm | noeltimtiff

death to him

get a rope not worth the time or money to keep him in jail just hang him high..

flag this »

103     December 5, 2007 - 7:32am | akangel1

KUDOS APD

Kudos to Anchorage Police Department. While everyone else was running away from this guy the Police were running head on into him. Good Job APD, YOU ROCK!
All you stone throwers out their before you judge the Police you should get educated on what they do for you on a Daily basis. You obviously don't have a clue.
GET EDUCATED PLEASE!!!

flag this »

102     December 4, 2007 - 5:39am | dpratt

the timing

Like someone said the other day, It is strange how the timing played out with this... every 12 hours or so between events.

flag this »

101     December 4, 2007 - 12:43am | pitterpatterofpaws

WELL....

I hear a lot of tough talkers here. Some of you saying you would shoot him. Some of you saying you will hang him. Easy to say what you WOULD do, now that he's safe, behind bars. He WILL be going to a courthouse for sentencing. He WON'T be behind bars. He'll be right out in the open. Let's SEE what you can do...........

flag this »

December 4, 2007 - 12:52am | kollnmh

It seems like

you're just another idiot that thinks killers like this deserve some kind of break Huh! gee's grow up would ya. This killer should get a death conviction period. As for folks wondering what they would do, lets just hope the next time someone has a gun to stop this fool.

flag this »

December 4, 2007 - 4:36pm | pitterpatterofpaws

"This killer should get a

"This killer should get a death conviction period. As for folks wondering what they would do, lets just hope the next time someone has a gun to stop this fool.".........in case you HAVE re-read what I posted, and STILL don't understand, this is basically what I meant, also....

flag this »

December 4, 2007 - 1:27am | pitterpatterofpaws

kollnmh~

Ha ha ha! You obviously didn't GET my post. Read it a little s-l-o-w-e-r, this time. Read BETWEEN the lines. And when you HAVE re-read it, you can apologize. :)

flag this »

100     December 4, 2007 - 12:15am | lowz71

New picture

Find a new picture of this freak, he looks too happy in the one being used... it is creepy.

flag this »

99     December 4, 2007 - 12:13am | LoadDrive1

We need to bring back Hanging

Look at the people this man killed! And you want to let him sit on his butt for the next 20 years or so, while you pay for his "Up-Keep" with your Tax-Dollars!
A Tall Tree and a Short-Rope will put an end to this stuff. The Reason he's Smiling for the Camera, is for the next 20 years Plus, your going to give 3 Hot meals and his own-room in jail. Your Tax Money Hard At Work !

flag this »

98     December 3, 2007 - 11:54pm | cam_ak

I hope

all those that had their chance to put this freak away in the past - follow this and see that THEY have blood on their hands! I don't think we got our monies worth from the system - do you?

flag this »

97     December 3, 2007 - 11:37pm | okiereader

Just do some southern justice in this one....

Hey boy, you got a good lookin' pistol there. Why don't you show it to me. End of story.

flag this »

96     December 3, 2007 - 11:00pm | alpine2252

Makes the world wonder!!!!!!!!

As it appears...The police can't find answers to many crimes, claim not enough man power to find the criminals, but yet may possibly pin it all on one person, that is truley a "case".........just so the other cases are closed.......?????? What a "Grandious" ending for this guy. they might even make yet another "low budge movie from this one. My guess is that "appearently it all "fits" when the end of the year is coming"..............got to get more funding next year you see........Department does a fine job and deserves it!!!! Wait till the bullistics come out (providing they can do this), of course we have three matching bullets to accompany the victims right??? OH and of course The "Murder Weapon",Which no one seems to have???? All based one one crazy mans affidavit...........yeah I did it!!!!! Give me a break, they should have left him in jail to begin with!!!!!!! The details should be in effect and true, long before the story comes out.............

flag this »

95     December 3, 2007 - 9:37pm | miflannery

Thank You

Thank you APD and all others who had a hand in catching this psycho.

I hope the survivors are able to make full a recovery. To the victims and their family and friends you are in my thoughts.

flag this »

94     December 3, 2007 - 9:12pm | ilovelucy

the human race

Abandon all hope, ye who enter this blog. The violence wrought by Rogers is shocking. The comments here are just plain depressing. Willful ignorance. Arrogant stupidity.

flag this »

93     December 3, 2007 - 9:11pm | blackdahlia

it happened 2 houses down from mine

Yep, this morning's event happened 2 houses from mine.

At 7:05 to be precise I heard 3 to 4 gun shots and then somebody screaming loud for help. I was just about to call 911 when I heard the police sirens coming.

Around 7:15 they left the neighbourhood to chase him and by 7:30 they finally got that son of bitch of bitch.

I didn't hear anything when the shooting near the Chester Creek trail happened around 8pm Sunday night.

But I will tell you this, that son of bitch was probably still shooting later that night because when I went out to put my trash out I heard 2-3 gun shots around 11:30.

My heart goes out to the victims and their families. This is a sad tragedy.

flag this »

92     December 3, 2007 - 8:55pm | dsmwholesale

GOOD GOD !

This one guy did all this damage ?
So this mad man owned a gun too huh ?
WHY the heck did he come into Anchorage ?
Did he think he could hide here ?
Yeah right. Cops here kick ass and you will get caught !

flag this »

91     December 3, 2007 - 8:47pm | nicknori

world wide generation of criminals

The millenia has brought us the crime generation...Its everywhere and unfortunately Alaska is no exception. Stay safe and it keep backing your police.

flag this »

90     December 3, 2007 - 8:44pm | wadelet

one more thing too busy.....

if he had put a gun to YOUR head, and made you beg for mercy and plead for your life, or better yet...what if he shot your daughter while you stood there and watched. would you still feel the same ??????????

flag this »

89     December 3, 2007 - 8:32pm | nosey

Holy Stuff!

I read al those articles about the attack in Palmer, and then the two shootings in Anchortown, my god. I know i m gonne see the return comment on this, but.... This is someone who should not have ever been 'out' of supervision, EVER! A son is gone, several families are broken for a bit and he is still breathing, Are the cops insanetoo? Why wasn't he shot too? Or at least tazed d... good. It is remarkable how much a person like that can ge away with, or narrowly anyhow, before someone gets a d.... clue.

flag this »

December 5, 2007 - 7:40am | chelly

?

How can the cops possibly taze someone who is driving a car? Or shoot someone who is driving a car while the police are driving? Please give some thought to the actual possibility of whether something can be done or not before you complain that it wasn't done.

flag this »

December 4, 2007 - 3:38am | chelly

?

How can the cops possibly taze someone who is driving a car? Or shoot someone who is driving a car while the police are driving? Please give some thought to the actual possibility of whether something can be done or not before you complain that it wasn't done.

flag this »

December 4, 2007 - 3:28am | chelly

?

flag this »

December 4, 2007 - 1:39am | toklat2

HOLY

Your comment is right...where is the true type of
being actually holy in situations in todays times?
Not the holier than tho type...which is of course
wrong...but in all human beings ways as holy as
the bible does tell us to be...that way sure does
take some real time and real thinking as well.
Personally I do not believe ..in some please understand
not all in quotes Christians ..think exactly alike.
on many important issues...take the story of the
father Pilgram..sp ck? it sounds as if he did think
of himself as a true Christian...his extreme actions
if true...were not...God of the Chritian faith would
never say..people go out and shoot the doctor
who preforms an abortion..never would say that

so then why so some Christians incite by calling
this act murder..what does one think..then the
completely radical in any group will do?

I am not a preacher by profession..so please do not
think any of my comments are trying to do that way.

They are only meant as to asj what happened to common
sense...in every area of life anywhere today?
Where is our humane way of treating..one another
and our animal world? It always seems quite small
yet in real truth..that small starts to grow bigger
and out of control..in any person..the smart aleck
way..the extreme violence one could see on TV
some of the very popular...games kids play...
do you not see...the graphic extreme extremes
today...the language used...to insult and injury..
even in any blogs.. words just thrown around
today..so in actuality they do not have their
orginal meaning.. What are the answers to
these maddening situations in the world today?
If you do care...and only is this ever increasing
very expensive world to try to live in...and money
and more and more money becomes your first
concern..I do understand this way today..look
at how prices keep rising...but ..how we all think
and what we all do about..rather hard to believe..
with the expense todays times of necessary just
liveable condition...more and then more and more
is not the true and only answer ...for how personel
must have that and now. true needs is what the
bible says... not our never ending Christmas list.

never personally take the Christ out of your own
personel Christmas.. or one will never be able
to understand ..happy holiday...only...?
Please know any question I ask... I do also as
the bible says..I do stop and ask..myself..did
i use...the bible says examine yourself first..

flag this »

88     December 3, 2007 - 8:27pm | dfinn

Christopher Erin Rogers Jr.

Whoa just a doggone minute!! You boys got hungry wolves up there dontcha? The canines would love to feast on that grinning, skinny peckerwood! Tear 'em from limb to limb.

flag this »

87     December 3, 2007 - 8:23pm | jampony1

shoot his ass...

Damn.... Why couldn't this guy run into someone who was carrying a weapon. I tell ya he killed people who probably don't know how to use a weapon muchless carry one. They should have just shot his butt....He brings a new meaning to VALLEY TRASH

flag this »

December 4, 2007 - 12:34pm | pitterpatterofpaws

LOL

He lived in Anchorage....NOW what???

flag this »

December 4, 2007 - 12:24am | pitterpatterofpaws

jampony1...

LOL! When are you going to stop calling people living in the valley, "valley trash"? You aren't even original. I left Anchorage about a year and a half ago. Now living in the valley. When the word was out, that Rogers Jr. was on the loose, I thought he would come THIS way. NOT to Anchorage! If he had come up to MY door, I would have shot the motherfu**er. Please believe that. I KNOW how to unload a .45 (and many other caliber weapons)...Now if I had shot him dead, would I STILL be "valley trash" in your eyes?? Just curious. :)

flag this »

86     December 3, 2007 - 8:10pm | truthseeker

I'm sure it was our fault........

and we shouldn't rush to judgment. After all, he said he was REALLY angry! Read the posts below and get ready to puke. Why should we pay to feed this miscreant, medical bills ,etc. Flush this piece of human garbage down the toilet for good.

flag this »

85     December 3, 2007 - 7:09pm | powerbar

I think the Police did a remarkable and timely catch...

Anyone whackjob could go out at any given time and do even more of a mass execution style of killings. They got him in 48 hours! Our finest can't even get a clue to Bin Ladin in six years. Way to go APD, just extremely sorry to all the victims.

flag this »

December 3, 2007 - 7:35pm | emerymcupples

Too many negative

comments directed toward APD and our justice system.It is pleasing to read a positive remark about this mayhem that has been forced on innocent people. We all should be more concerned about the good people that are in the hospital and their recovery. How many people would contribute a $100 bill to fund the medical expenses these victims will acure as the result of a COWARD'S actions? That would be a positive.

flag this »

December 3, 2007 - 7:12pm | toobusytochat

OOH-RAH!

OOH-RAH!

flag this »

84     December 3, 2007 - 7:00pm | ak_mooster

Let me say...

even though I think the mayor and police chief are a disgrace to our city, the bravery and hard work of the rank and file officers went way beyond duty today. Congratulations to those involved today and EVERYDAY. And most of all THANK YOU for apprehending this menace.

flag this »

83     December 3, 2007 - 6:47pm | bozo

How did this creep

get to Anchorage? There's only one road into Anchorage, yet no road blocks to prevent this freak from coming into Anchorage and hurting other people.

The troopers and APD should be held accountable for failing to do their job. They both could have caught this guy before he killed again, but instead let him come into town - again a town where there's only one road in - and do this kind of destruction. The troopers should have put out a roadblock and closed off the roads. Most police departments or state troopers outside would have done as such. The 'public servants' here are so lazy and allow so many crimes to happen because they fail to be proactive and instead are just reactive.

People can say...well who would have known he would have done this in Anchorage...well...the man hacked up his father...

flag this »

December 3, 2007 - 7:17pm | wrich

Bozo is an appropriate name

Bozo, the Troopers had no way of knowing if he drove to Anchorage or up to Fairbanks, toward Canada, etc. If you know it all, why didn't you just call and tell them where he was? You'd probably be the first to whine about the hours-long you would have to wait on the Glenn Hwy as they searched thousands of cars. Stick to watching cop shows on TV and quit trying to give advice to the cops.

flag this »

December 3, 2007 - 7:30pm | chelly

Exactly

Yes, I was going to say that, but you beat me to it. Can you imagine shutting down the highway and causing the commuters to take HOURS to get to work because one guy MIGHT go to Anchorage? Not to mention the manpower involved.

flag this »

December 4, 2007 - 12:36am | bozo

get a clue

the guy came into town on Sunday (morning) during a very slow period of time. They could have put up a road block since there arent thousands of cars, more like hundreds. and at the same time they could have caught plenty of drunk drivers. A simple roadblock. Some guy hacks up his father, takes his truck...let's see...hmmm....is he going one way or another?

Duh.

Get real. This is what real cops do in real towns with real proactive policemen.

They couldn't find this guy hiding around the 15/16th street area. He shot one woman, then 'camps out' in the same location, but the police can't find him. Please. I know that area...it's not hard to find if you use a little police work and more than one dog. They just gave up because it was too cold and they didn't want to be out too long.

Any place else they would have done a door to door search to find this creep. Cut off the perimeter, etc. Happens all the time in states like California, Texas, etc.

When is Anchorage going to expect more from its police other than doing the obvious.

HE WAS OUT ON A WARRANT with a history of problems. Guess the police were just too busy writing parking tickets.

flag this »

December 4, 2007 - 12:27am | bozo

I'm sure

the two people who died and their families can imagine it...along with their loved ones. Besides it was on a Sunday, during a time where the weather was horrible...coulda been done, but wasn't. No coordination. This guy had a warrant. He hacked his father to bits and then flees...yet....

Those poor people that died because...well...no one tried.

flag this »

December 4, 2007 - 12:53am | toklat2

sure

As with some of the others stories recently...
It has to be..the weapons used.. hacking his father to
death plus the other story this week..these people
that did that have to be seriously insane.
So that way seldom happens to that degree as to
the hacking way...Where was the help before it got
to that degree?
Help Before..that is the real snswer to horrible
situations like this.

Any person concerned about all this extreme terrible
violence..look at how much of this type of situation
is happening...Certainly in Alaska now but if one
reads or listens to the news...you see this world
wide...in the now times of today.

There have to be various causes..some have gone
completely insane..somebody had to see signs this
was happening...so when and before...who does one
get the needed help from? Before..

I want to see..in any newspaper on any TV program..
factual information..on how one deals with a person
who is quite mentally insane and before they go
over the deep end. With the amount of these
terrible situations happening...any media of any
type..that should be..one of their number one
public services...with all of this type of violence
happening...right in Alaska and actually world
wide everywhere in the now todays times.

flag this »

December 3, 2007 - 7:04pm | valant43

no unit to coordinate with other law enforcement

and yet the traffic investigation unit will tie up our one road in a heartbeat. There is more money in issuing tickets. My hopes are that there is someone to comfort those injured by this maniacs atrocities.

flag this »

December 3, 2007 - 6:59pm | pwford

Go read

flag this »

82     December 3, 2007 - 6:42pm | toobusytochat

Exactly what Rogers thought...they hurt me...I'll shoot them

"Gimme a gun...I'll shoot him" Amazing how well-educated people think on such an animalistic level sometimes. However, I am sure glad you don't have a gun because you are just as dangerous as Rogers in my book! You can't settle things with violence!!!!

flag this »

December 3, 2007 - 8:40pm | wadelet

one more thing...

if he had put a gun to YOUR head, and made you beg for mercy and plead for your life, or better yet...what if he shot your daughter while you stood there and watched. would you still feel the same ??????????

flag this »

December 6, 2007 - 6:53am | toobusy

Brother murdered...so I get it...

FYI, my brother was murdered at 19 years old by a fellow highway crew worker in Texas...the guy went to trial and got what he deserved. The pain would be unbearable, but yes, I would still feel the same. If we don't support our Justice system, fight for laws that prosecute the guilty and protect the innocent, then any mob with "group-think" and "gun power" could take over.

flag this »

December 3, 2007 - 8:36pm | wadelet

well there too busy to get the facts.....

its again not unusual to see people shooting thier mouths without first hand knowledge....i have many guns and i damn well know how to use all of them, if i decided that i wanted him dead...he would be so. i know the difference between right and wrong, and i dont go out shooting people for the fun of it. if that fool came to my door.......you would be commenting on the story of me blowing his ass away!.....enough said.

flag this »