Hometown: Thank yous

There is no end to the good things Alaskans do for each other every day. Your stories about good Samaritans warm our hearts and restore our faith in humankind. If someone has done something nice for you, tell us!

Send your Hometown notes to the specific forum:
COMMUNITY ACHIEVERS | STUDENT ACHIEVERS | THANK YOUS |
GOOD NEIGHBORS | MILITARY HONORS | SCHOOL NEWS

submit a photo | hometown photos

Recent photos

This photo should accompany the thank you note I submitted this AM (Feb 21, 2008) Grant to teach ballroom dancing.  Students in the picture are:  ...

This photo should accompany the thank you note I submitted this AM (Feb 21, 2008) Grant to teach ballroom dancing. Students in the picture are: ...

Representatives from Teck Cominco and Red Dog Operations family presented the members of the Kotzebue Boys & Girls Club a check for $75,000 to he ...

Representatives from Teck Cominco and Red Dog Operations family presented the members of the Kotzebue Boys & Girls Club a check for $75,000 to he ...

Taylor Nerland writes: Ursa Major School students and staff involved in the musical production Lemonade thank Value Village and Ramada Inn on  ...

Taylor Nerland writes: "Ursa Major School students and staff involved in the musical production "Lemonade" thank Value Village and Ramada Inn on ...

Pictured: Roger and McGyver
Misty Calhoun writes: Flatlanders beware, Alaska is filled with kind strangers. I learned this fact on a recent trai ...

Pictured: Roger and McGyver Misty Calhoun writes: "Flatlanders beware, Alaska is filled with kind strangers. I learned this fact on a recent trai ...

Ski 4 Kids Day at Kincaid Park:  Kids Supporting Kids

--submitted w/the thank you letter to sponsors & volunteers

Ski 4 Kids Day at Kincaid Park: Kids Supporting Kids --submitted w/the thank you letter to sponsors & volunteers

180     October 22, 2010 - 12:54pm | kmacknicki

Thanks to the residents of Glennallen

Dear Folks of Glennallen area,

It was evening as I was finishing my day bowed beside my evening resting place. The Radio announcer
was announcing the recipient of a Radio Listener Appreciation Days door prize given by the Hub of Alaska, the “Gifts and Things” shop - including clothing, jewelry, books and recordings, food and fuel at the major intersection in the Glennallen area. The announcer started his presentation noting this evening’s recipient is a “newcomer” to this area”. Oh, that sounds like maybe I had better to listen to him! He then spoke a name I had heard before - “Dr. Jack of the Cross Road Medical Center”. He then said he had met this person recently and “he comes from New York”.

Yes, I met Joe Greeson Wednesday morning at the Men’s Prayer breakfast a weekly gathering at the
Caribou Restaurant. He had chosen me to lead in prayer for my fellow worker at the Medical Center, Mitch
Cox who was to go under the Surgeon’s knife in Anchorage in two hours.

Coming from afar presents many challenges and Prayer as well as a great variety of programming on
the area’s Radio system KCAM provides encouragement in meeting the great variety of people who come
to my medical facility for our care and concerns. It does not take long to have area Folk come our way. This includes Native Chiefs and their Ladies, Firemen, Policemen, commercial truck and bus drivers as well as young basketball players and blossoming artists. Their physical, emotional and even spiritual needs may be great. We may be assisted by the prayerful concerns of many Folk in the area representing various walks of life. A “Newcomer” will then feel honored to be allowed to experience life in beautiful Alaska - complete with Native kindnesses as well as similar expressions by so many others who have been here for a while.

I humbly must thank each who has provided friendly gestures to a fellow who was encouraged to take a long trip into the Northern Wilds to see a bit of what so many others have experienced in terms that seemingly are beyond verbal expression. And with these kindnesses expressed to me, I wish to continue on with life with a fullness of appreciation to You Folk. Included in this are the reports Mitch Cox is making great progress in the first day of recovery from his abdominal surgery. Just as many in the area have sent prayer petitions Heavenward, my appreciation continues to rise up as the local Folk welcome me including KCAM and their sponsor The Hub of Alaska.

The basket with cutting board with silver knife, picture frame with silver deer head, metal bear for holding long matches and linen table cloth with fine gold and colorful fruit embroidery are exhilarating proofs my time among you can never be considered less than a great Honor.

Thanks You so Much.

Sincerely Yours,

Jack Vitvitsky,

Physician Assistant

(Locum Tenens, presently with

Cross Road Medical Center

flag this »

179     August 12, 2010 - 9:04am | Jenni_Ragland

Thanks, Target, for helping our kids!

The Salvation Army would like to say a huge THANK YOU to Target for sponsoring and hosting our first ever Back to School Shopping Spree for 150 kids in Anchorage and the Mat-Su Valley! It was a wonderful treat for the kids to be able to shop for their own clothes and school supplies. Your staff was so welcoming and we appreciated your extra effort to make this a special day.

Our thanks also to Tesoro for purchasing basic school supplies for the children that helped stretch their dollars further.

Finally, thank you to all our wonderful volunteers that gave your morning to accompany the children and help them shop. On the bus ride home the kids were so excited about their new clothes and school supplies and they could hardly wait to show their parents!

flag this »

178     June 4, 2010 - 11:32am | bwoodin

Resource Family Appreciation Picnic

The Resource Family Appreciation was a huge success and over 200 people participated. This event recognizes our foster, relative and adoptive families that care for children that have been abused or neglected. It is sponsored by Alaska Center for Resource Families and the Office of Children’s Services. It would not be possible without the generous support from the following: Commissioner Bill Hogan; AST Capt Casanovas and Cubby Bear; Diversified Tires; Wasilla Physical Therapy; Turn a Leaf thrift store; Cranberry Cottage; Wasilla and Palmer DQ; Scoops: Home Depot; Alaska Sealife Center; Walden Books; Christ First United Methodist Church; Mat-Su Miners; Arctic Predators Indoor Football; HQ Headquarters; SBS; TOTE; Northstar Behavioral Health; Tundra Cotton; Twisted Balloons; Gardiner Business Support; AHFC; Pillows for Kids; Great Alaska Pizza Palmer; Subway; Tacos CanCun; Turkey Red; O’Hana Fun Center; Alaska Wildbird Rehab; Friends of the NRA; Wasilla Library; Dorothy Page Museum; Slacks Sugar Shack; Bagels Alaska; Krazy Moose; Genie’s Gang; Judy’s Girls; Erin’s Boys; Sheridan’s girls; Alia’s family and Calvin.

flag this »

177     May 12, 2010 - 7:40am | cheries

Thank you from Anchorage Waterways Council for Creek Cleanup

On behalf of the creeks of Anchorage and the citizens of this Municipality, Anchorage Waterways Council (AWC) would like to thank all the volunteers who spent Saturday, May 8, mucking in creeks, removing tons of debris, and caring for our precious riparian environment. We had Cub Scouts; Girl Scouts; businesses; local, state and federal agencies; environmental groups, all branches of the military; students; teachers; families; alumni groups (Cal and Yale); church groups; caring citizens; and creek neighbors. This could only happen with the tremendous outpouring of individuals to clean and those great "honchos" who organized the individual sites and volunteers. AWC would also like to acknowledge its fantastic group of sponsors: the Municipality of Anchorage, Arctic Wire Rope and Supply, Cook Inlet Region, Inc., BP, Arctic Self Storage, Alaska Chadux, Credit Union 1, Alyeska Resort, Alaska Railroad Corporation, Global Offshore Divers, KTUU, Carlile Transportation, Fred Meyer, Anchorage Sand & Gravel, Sourdough Mining Company, Costco Wholesale, Alaska Center for the Environment, REI, Kaladi Bros. Coffee, Café Amsterdam, ALPAR (Alaskans for Litter Prevention and Recycling), Moose’s Tooth, Dianne’s Restaurant, Great Harvest Bread, Coast Magazine, Odom Corporation, New Sagaya, Alaska Waste, MOA Solid Waste Services, and the Alaska Military Youth Academy. THANK YOU!!!

flag this »

176     May 3, 2010 - 7:21am | bwoodin

school

As the school year is winding down I would like to recognize the people that have been instrumental in helping my son have another successful school year. As I expected, the transition from elementary to middle school was hard at first. However, once we got over the initial difficulties, my son had a terrific year at Teeland Middle School. In particular, I would like to recognize Mrs. Tenny, Mrs. Moss, and Mrs. Ellsworth, as they are strong advocates for my son. In addition, I must mention the rest of the TMS staff, as they all contributed to his positive educational experience. Finally, I want to recognize transportation staff, Desi, Nicole, Amanda and Gussie, as they also helped him have a great year. Thank you! Betsy Woodin, 376-4678

flag this »

175     February 23, 2010 - 2:59pm | balletemail

Thank you to the Rasmuson Foundation

The Anchorage Ballet gratefully acknowledges the Rasmuson Foundation and Hot Wire Electric for the generous funding for the renovation of the lobby area. This included reception desk and furniture, technology equipment and new energy efficient fixtures. Thank you!

flag this »

174     January 28, 2010 - 8:41am | pattimac

Your itinerant barber

There is no way to adequately thank my clientele at the Captain Cook Hotel Barber Shop for their help to me and my family above and beyond the call of duty.

My brother Brian suffered a traumatic brain injury in Dec 07 here in Florida and I was forced to move to become his caretaker. Since February 08 I have been "commuting" to Anchorage from Orlando one week out of every six weeks to cut the hair of the best clientele in the world. Your patience and sacrifice enables us to keep our heads above water... Thank you, thank you, thank you... Patti

flag this »

173     January 13, 2010 - 2:41pm | FRTEP

Thanks to Rossignol & AMH for Donating 34 pairs of skis to Youth

Thanks to Rossignol for donating 34 pairs of skis, 28 pairs of poles, and 24 pairs of boots for youth of the Tanana Chiefs Conference Region (TCC). Did I mention they were top-of-the-line skis? Thanks to Marcy Baker and Alaska Mountaineering and Hiking (AMH) for logistical support, discounts on bindings, and free mounting labor. Thanks to Maggi and Robin Rader for transporting the skis from Anchorage to Fairbanks.

This program is a partnership between the Tribes Extension Program at TCC and the Alaska Ski Go Club (alaskaskigo.org). Extension promotes cross-country skiing as a positive, healthy, fun, youth activity. The Alaska Ski Go Club began in Northwest Alaska when Jennifer, and her daughter, Merrick, were researching snow pollution. They skied between villages on the Kobuk 440 route and with youth along the way. Last year, Jennifer Johnston, JT Lindholm, Peter Calvin, and I skied with youth in Galena, Koyukuk, and Nulato and skied between villages. Ski programs were also held in Beaver, Tetlin, and Stevens Village. This year, the “Ski Fest” will be held in Anvik and Shageluk. Extension also promotes competitive cross-country skiing with the Western Interior Ski Association (wisaskiing.org). The race will be held April 1 to 3, 2010 in Tanana.

Extension continues to seek ski donations. They should be in fair to good condition and can be dropped off at Alaska Mountaineering & Hiking, 2633 Spenard Road in Anchorage.

Thank you!
Heidi Rader, Tribes Extension Educator for Tanana Chiefs Conference

flag this »

172     January 8, 2010 - 2:11pm | bwoodin

Mat-Su holiday toy drive for foster children

Thanks to the following generous donors the Mat-Su Valley Foster Children holiday events and the toy drive were a huge success: the American Legion and the American Legion Junior Aux Post #35, Veterans of Foreign Wars Post #9365, Carefree Kids, Ken Goldman Atty, Worksafe, Mudbusters, GCI, Just Imagine Toys, Sharon Welker and Dairy Queen, Alaska Peace Officers Association, Holladay and Associates, Teresa Walton, Joyce Bostwick, Bishops Attic, Happy Dawn Thrift Store, Valley Performing Arts, RSVP/Volunteers of America, Mat-Su Borough Emergency Services, Tracy Martin’s 2nd grade class at Goose Bay Elementary, Joan Tower, Ed Bennett, June Tull, Donna Kimball and Wasilla Middle school-within-a-school, Hacienda, Earthly Treasures, House of Bread, 3 Bears, Rodney and Anita Kortyhobich and Schrock Road Church, Valley Business Machines, Alaska Club, Eddie and Kathy Mitchell and Legends Country Radio, Wasilla Police Dept, Slacks Bakery, North Star Bakery, Bagels Alaska, Krazy Moose Subs, Trinity Lutheran Church, Shake a Day, Dave DeRoberts, Mat-Su Creamery, Linda West, Toni O’Chap, Pam Klockenbrink, Learning Essentials, April Tenney, Palmer Church of the Nazarene, Karen Morrison, Tammy Evans, Tami Monson, Sue Frisby, King of Kings Church, Jennifer Garcia/American Legion, Donna Williams, Julie Hubbard, Carol Campbell Taunuu, Rainbow House/Jeannie Wooderson, Carla Parker, Renee and Walter Pickett, Bonnie Monson, Gloria Garret/American Legion, Bridget Mullally, Cindy Bergamo, Charlene Naulty, Julie Rose, Jessica Smith, Andy Stephens, Bobbi Palmer, Angela Perry, Isaac Pickett, Whitney Williams, Kathy Bethe/DFS, Cecily Skoog-Moore/GAL, Dawn Adams and Savannah, Sheridan Desgranges, Anne Holder, Natasha Goff, Marika, Lisa Johnson/American Legion, Christine Rouse, Jeanee Sampson, Mary Geflice, Diana Estrada and Carla Childs/American Legion, Joe Burns, Tiffany McGovern, Everett’s Air Cargo, Shawn Lyle, Renee Bonar, Lisa Burns, Amy Dohl, Steve’s Food Boy, Tim Bolles, Vincent Yelmene, Lauren Bennett, Marti Taylor, Kristen Harris, Shawn Lyle, Trish Harrell, Law Dogs Alaska Chapter, and the two incredible people that made this all possible: OCS organizer Tara Pickett and Volunteer Community Organizer Dee Hilbert.

Betsy Woodin, Alaska Center for Resource Families

flag this »

171     December 27, 2009 - 11:29pm | mattduffield

Town square tree.

To the person who decorated the tree downtown with the knitted ornaments. Thank you. My children loved it when they saw it.

flag this »

165     November 11, 2009 - 8:48am | bwoodin

Adoption Information Fair and Celebration

Alaska Center for Resource Families would like to thank the following for their assistance with the annual Adoption Information Fair and Celebration last Sat, including the staff from the Office of Children’s Services, Karen from Catholic Social Services , Penny from Chickaloon and Carol from Job Corps. In addition, the Job Corps volunteers, Staci, Vili and Claudette and Genie’s gang Katie, Tyler and Genna. Also, the families that shared their adoption stories: Ruth and Gianna; Ed and William; Teresa and Linda’s boys; Denise; Linda and Dylan; and the Morse family. Finally, we must thank the generous donors that assisted with refreshments, scrapbook supplies, door prizes and our silent auction: Tara Scharber/All About Style; B Bella; Jeff Mitchell/Mad Science; Carl’s Jr; Iditarod Trail Gift Shop; Target; Mrs. Olive Keats; Alaska Railroad; Shane Lamb Studio; Betty Russell/A Better Cut; Elmendorf Officer’s Spouses Organization; Fred Meyer’s; Allure Day Spa; Walden Book Store; Stampin Moose; The Gallery; Stamp Cache; Denali Foods/Taco Bell; Bonnie Hagger and the Valley Quilter’s Guild; Sheri Hamming; Buffmaster’s Auto Detailing; Linda Branden/ State Farm; Amore Day Spa; Alaska Air Lines; Tara/Nu2U; Alex/Turkey Red; Northstar Bakery; H2Oasis; and Sharon at Dairy Queen.

Betsy Woodin, Alaska Center for Resource Families

flag this »

164     October 29, 2009 - 9:10am | haroldsen4

A SPECIAL THANK YOU TO A WONDERFUL FAMILY

Today is the one year anniversary our hour house fire and I am sure as time goes by memories will fade but, we will always be friends. Words alone cannot express what the Glore Family did for us in our time of need. So, I'll do my best.

Thank you for opening your home to us. Thank you for being the wonderful people you are: Kind, sensitive and considerate, generous and thoughtful givers. You are unselfish always, putting others before yourselves, making us feel special and important. It is a privilege and a pleasure to know you and to call you family. <3!!

flag this »

163     October 28, 2009 - 7:41am | haroldsen4

One Year Anniversary of Home Fire

Tomorrow is the one year Anniversary of our house fire. We just want to say thank you to the men and women of the Anchorage Fire Department.

I would also like to thank everybody at R & C Restoration they did a wonderful job of reconstructing our home and allowing my family to take part in the process.

A special thank you goes to Investigator Steve Lyons with the Anchorage Fire Department. At that moment in time you have no idea what to do and Steve guided us in the right direction. Words alone cannot express what that meant to us.

From the bottom of our hearts we give a heartfelt thank you,

The Haroldsen Family

flag this »

162     September 5, 2009 - 4:40pm | sterlingmom7

Love One Another

I would like to thank our friend, Audrey Hoffman of Sterling for being such a wonderful person. Since I started chemotherapy last year she has been like a second mom to me and my husband. She brings us wonderful food and is always ready to help when needed. Lots of people try and pass themselves off as being good Christians but Audrey lives out the love of God every day for so many people and never asks anything in return. I wish that everyone had an Audrey in their lives!

flag this »

161     July 25, 2009 - 12:54pm | kimandas

Wonderful Sponsors for National Young Leaders Conference

South High School freshman Amanda Stricklan just returned from the Junior National Young Leaders Conference in Boston. This conference offers mature, high-achieving students the opportunity to learn about leadership by studying the leaders of the past and applying this knowledge to make a positive impact in their homes and communities. During the conference, Amanda studied the pilgrim settlements, pre-revolution colonial economy and social tolerance, and the American Revolution. “It was an amazing experience. I learned so much and I could not have done it without the generous support of these wonderful sponsors: R&M Consultants, Inc., Estimations, Inc., the Great Alaskan Bush Company, ECI-Hyer, HDR Alaska, Inc., the Alaska Premier Dental Group LLC, Shilanski & Associates, USKH, Inc., HDL Engineering Consultants, Enterprise Engineering, Inc., Duane Miller Associates, and BGES, Inc.”

flag this »

158     May 18, 2009 - 10:10am | bwoodin

Foster Parent Appreciation Month

May is National Foster Parent Appreciation Month. In the Mat-Su we celebrate Resource Family Appreciation and include licensed foster parents, relatives, and adoptive parents caring for children that were removed from their birth homes due to abuse and neglect. The Alaska Center for Resource Families and the Office of Children’s Services recognized our resource families at the annual picnic last Saturday and had a wonderful time thanks to the generous in-kind and cash donations from:
United Way of Mat-Su; Walden Books; Laura Pinnick/Krafts with Kare; Burger King; Jim and Greda Humphrey; Volunteer Firefighters’ Assoc; Michelle Hoadley; Kaladi Brothers; Musk Ox Farm; Mat-Su Miners; Dairy Queen; Diversified Tires; Wasilla Physical Therapy; HQ Headquarters; Arbys; Northstar Behavioral Health; Town Square Art Gallery; Child Care Connection; Geneva Woods Pharmacy; Cranberry Cottage; Treasure Loft/Mat-Valley Community Charities; Volunteers of America/Grandfamilies Project; Tacos Cancun; IHOP; Subway; Slacks Bakery; Bagels Alaska; STARBASE Alaska/Alaska Military Youth Academy; Central Mat-Su Fire Dept; Job Corps; Home Depot; Twisted Balloons; Alaska WildBird Rehabilitation Center; Seventh Day Adventist Church; Carr’s Quality Center/Wasilla; Flowers by Louise; Mat-Su College; Alaska Sea Life Center; Totem Ocean Trailer Express; and Representative Bill Stoltze.

flag this »

156     April 15, 2009 - 8:41am | bwoodin

Dee Hilbert 2008 ACRF Mat-Su Volunteer of the Year

Dee Hilbert received the Alaska Center for Resource Families 2008 Mat-Su Volunteer of the Year award during the award ceremony at the 6th annual Light of Hope event April 5th at Wasilla High. This award was in recognition of the remarkable job she did gathering donated holiday gifts from local individuals, businesses and agencies for children in foster care. For more information contact Betsy Woodin at ACRF 376-4678

flag this »

155     March 25, 2009 - 2:10pm | kalynsc

Big Brothers Big Sisters - Bowl for Kids' Sake

Big Brothers Big Sisters’ annual Bowl for Kids’ Sake event raised over $35,000 during the event on Saturday, March 21st. This fundraiser is the largest of the year for Big Brothers Big Sisters nationwide, and is expected to generate more than $250,000 for the programs in Alaska alone.

Big Brothers Big Sisters would like to thank all of the individuals who participated in the pledge drive and event, all of those who pledged money to teams, and all of our corporate and in-kind sponsors - without you this event would not have been as successful. Your donations "ensure that we can continue to provide mentorship to children in the Anchorage community, without this event we would not be able to reach as many children and volunteers” said Big Brothers Big Sisters of Anchorage CEO Peggy Owens.

Corporate and donation sponsors included:
-Alaska Airlines
-Wells Fargo
-Alaska Cruise Association
-GCI
-Conoco Phillips
-First National Bank of Alaska
-Alyeska Pipeline Service Company
-Arbor Capital Management Inc
-Neeser Construction
-AT&T
-Beacon Occupational Health and Safety Services
-Alaska Wild
-Anchorage Sand and Gravel
-Anchorage Museum at Rasmuson Center
-Kaladi Brothers
-Peppercini’s Deli House
-Alaska Zoo
-Boston’s Pizza
-Allure Day Spa and Hair Design
-Aurora Limousine
-Subway
-Fred Meyer
-Hilton
-Burger King
-Marriot
-Phillips Cruises and Tours
-Moose’s Tooth
-Arctic Roadrunner
-Dimond Parking

Children who are mentored through BBBS are known to do better in school have more positive relationships with peers and family, and grow up to be positively involved in their communities. Great things can happen when the children in our community feel supported and encouraged.

To pledge the event, please visit www.bfksalaska.kintera.org, or call Liz Army at 263-2064 for more information.

flag this »

153     December 31, 2008 - 1:37pm | bwoodin

holiday donations

Thanks to the following generous agencies, businesses, organizations and individuals for donating gifts for children being cared for by foster, relative, and adoptive families: Volunteer organizer Dee Hilbert; Verda’s Cakes and Things; Sue Frisby and her family; ASAP staff/ Susan, Kelly & Trish; Slack’s Bakery; Abbi Henderson/OCS; Loving Radiance Gift Boutique/Midnight Sun Greeting Card Co, Margaret’s Marvelous Marvels, Lavon Bridges & Alice Wright, Alaska Etc, Doreen Schumacher, Susan Fisher Slater, Velda Brown, Bemd Richter, & Shannon Sanderson; Dr. Beck/Pediatric Dentistry of Alaska; Alaska Aces and Alaska Avalanche hockey teams; Tracy Martin’s 2nd grade class at Knik Elementary School; Lori Jean Pottery; Rachel Samuelson; Linda West; Walden Books; Trinity Lutheran Church; Linda Branson/State Farm Insurance; Jack Randall; The Gallery; Betty Russell/A Better Cut; Eskimo Hugs; Target; Garden Chiropractic; Wilson’s Wasilla Video; Denali Foods Inc; VOA RSVP/Project Warm Up; Loon Attic; Tacos Cancun; Raven Wi; Dairy Queen; Tara Scharber/All About Style; Donna Kimball’s class/Wasilla Middle School-within-a-School; Janet Kincaid; Lynne Bjornsen; Linda Nerland; Jean Olberg; Ron & Linda Cole; Jackie Mann; Nelda Hotchkiss; Happy Dawn’s Thrift Shop; Anna Clark; Earthly Treasures, Just Imagine Toys; Laura Pinnick/Krafts with Kare; Radio Shack; and the generous employees at Mat-Su Borough Dept of Emergency Services, Home Depot, Wasilla Police Dept, Alaska Club in the Valley, and Valley Business Machines. Thanks to you we were able to help make the holidays brighter for children that have experienced abuse and neglect.

flag this »

152     December 31, 2008 - 10:40am | charlene1

Anchorage Project Access Presents Awards

Anchorage Project Access recently presented the Mt. Huntington Award to four of its volunteer providers. The Award symbolizes the steep climb to improved health. Richard Willard, one of the first individuals to receive health care through Project Access, presented the program with an aerial photo of Mt. Huntington. Rising 12,240' in the Alaska Range, Mt. Huntington is considered one of the most challenging peaks to climb in the world. The Award was acknowledged and signed by Mayor Begich and Bill Hogan, State Commissioner, DHSS and presented to: Dr. David McGuire, Alaska Orthopedic Specialist; Dr. Douglas Haghighi, Internal Medicine, Dr. Byron Perkins, Cornerstone Clinic and Dr. Buffinton Burtis.

Anchorage Project Access connects low income uninsured with donated health care. To date, over 1,030 patients have been treated by this volunteer network of local physicians. Currently, 405 healthcare providers participate in Project Access representing 39 specialties.

For more information, call 339-8746.

flag this »

151     December 9, 2008 - 2:06pm | lauren_and_cody

Covenant House Alaska

On November 20th, hundreds of Anchorage residents, volunteers, students, community and business leaders gathered outside Covenant House Alaska’s Crisis Center to recognize homeless youth in Alaska through a Candlelight Vigil. Last year, Covenant House Alaska served over 3,000 homeless youth and the numbers of kids coming to their doors continue to grow.

I used to be a kid who had no where to turn and was alone on the streets. I was homeless. When I was a junior in high school, I knew that I had to leave my home if I wanted to graduate from high school. I found Covenant House and they took care of me. I graduated high school and walked with my class. I have a full-time job now and am going back to school for massage therapy.

Everyone in Anchorage was joined by residents in Bethel and Fairbanks standing to support Alaska’s kids in need. I appreciate everyone being there. I hope it opened their eyes to what I thought of when I was homeless: where will I sleep; what will I eat; will I be safe, can I survive the cold; who should I trust? I just want to thank everyone for reaching out to homeless youth and remembering us. Nights like the Candlelight Vigil mean a lot.
Brittany

flag this »

150     November 5, 2008 - 12:18pm | bwoodin

Alaska Center for Resource

Alaska Center for Resource Families would like to thank everyone that contributed to making the Adoption Awareness and Information Fair 11/1/08 a huge success. Presenters from the following agencies shared their time and expertise: Office of Children’s Services, Heritage Adoption Center, Catholic Social Services, Volunteers of America, Knik Tribe, Chickaloon Traditional Village, Court Appointed Special Advocates and private attorney Karen Jennings. We also need to thank our fantastic volunteers: The Gette Girls, Genie’s Gang, CHS National Honor Society, Tyler and Villi from Job Corps. Thanks also to the wonderful adoptive families and youth that shared their stories: the Campbells, the Hubbards, Ruth Josten, Tyler and Villi. Finally, we want to thank the generous businesses for their donations: Slack’s Sugar Shack, Bagels Alaska, North Star Bakery, Shane Lamb studio, AK RR, Jim and Greda Humphrey, WalMart, MEA, BP, Iditarod Gift Shop, Fireside Books, Walden Book Store, AK Cheesecake, Treasure Loft, Ewe First, and Pandemonium Booksellers

flag this »

149     October 22, 2008 - 2:22pm | anne_marie37

Thank You

Perhaps you sent a lovely card,
Or sat quietly in a chair;
Perhaps you sent beautiful flowers,
If so, we saw them there.

Perhaps you sent or spoke kind words
As any friend could say;
Perhaps you were not there at all
Just thought of us that day.

Whatever you did to console the heart,
We thank you so much, whatever the part.

From the Family of Corporal Jason A. Karella

flag this »

148     September 22, 2008 - 12:11pm | tshell

Donating Showers for Disabled

I would like to thank aawsi waste service, who donated the use of portable shower trailers for a day to help out an elderly care home that had no power and no running water...thank you

flag this »

147     August 14, 2008 - 1:08pm | JoyG

Thanks Snow City for great food and service!

While on a family vacation in July, we stopped to have breakfast at the Snow City Cafe in downtown Anchorage. We went there specifically because they had internet access and we needed to catch up on some emails and other business items. While we were there a waitress accidentally spilled a cup of coffee on our laptop. The computer instantly shut down as we frantically tried to dry it off.

The owner of Snow City, Ms. Laile Fairbairn immediately came over to apologize and told me to have the computer checked out by a technician and let her know the extent of the damage. We explained we still had a week remaining in Alaska, and we would not be able to get the computer looked at until we got home to Florida. Ms. Fairbairn assured us that would be no problem.

After returning to Florida, we had our computer accessed , and we immediately contacted Ms. Fairbairn to give her the information. Without hesitation, she put me in contact with her insurance representative. We have since been satisfactorily reimbursed for the damage by the insurance company.

I would like to express an enormous sense of relief and gratitude to Ms. Fairbairn for taking care of this problem in an exemplary manner. You can imagine the apprehension of being in Florida thinking I would never get a satisfactory outcome from a business owner in Anchorage.

Ms. Fairbairn not only resolved the problem, she did it willingly, cheerfully and expeditiously. If the Anchorage community has an award for the best tourist representative, I would high recommend Ms. Fairbairn. I will not cease to expound how well she treated me and what a wonderful tourist location Anchorage is.

Thank you for letting me express my gratitude for one of your citizens.

Sincerely,

Erica Basler

Fort Myers, Florida

webazz@comcast.net

P.S. The breakfast we had at the Snow City Cafe was one of the best meals we had on our three week trip. I would highly recommend it to everyone.

flag this »

146     July 7, 2008 - 6:51am | anita_porter

Armed Services YMCA of Alaska Thanks Local Businesses

The Armed Services YMCA of Alaska is very grateful and thanks Nerlands Sleep Comfort and Bailey's Furniture for their generous furniture donations to the Heroes Home.

flag this »

145     June 26, 2008 - 7:32pm | suzannepin

Donations for the Benoit Pin fund...

I just wanted to thank all those who donated money to me after the death of my husband. I truly appreciated the wonderful support you gave to me. God bless each and every one of you.

Suzanne Pin

flag this »

144     June 16, 2008 - 3:35pm | bwoodin

thank you

Alaska Center for Resource Families and the Office of Children’s Services were proud sponsors of the recent Resource Family Appreciation Picnic. It was a great success thanks to the donations from the following generous individuals and agencies: Slack’s Bakery, Kaladi Brothers, Volunteers of America, LoonAttic, Northern Mist Gifts, Volunteer Firefighters Assoc., Bagels Alaska, HQ Headquarters, Mat-Su Miners, Taco Bell, Dairy Queen, Vagabond Blues, Nails Plus, Walden Books, Jaclynn Hamann/Colony High National Honor Society, Geneva Woods Pharmacy, Linda Brandon/State Farm Insurance, Diversified Tires, Jalapenos, Dr. Beck/Pediatric Dentistry of Alaska, MTA, Brenda Glaze/Alaska Housing, Mat-Su Regional Medical Center, Valley Performing Arts, Shannon Sanderson/Loving Radiance Boutique, Christina Seine, Margaret Outka, Laura Pinnick/Krafts with Kare, Linda Schwald/Clay Critters, Niki Knalton/Moon Sister Studio, Rebecca Clement, Brenda Bullock, Sandra Aldrich/Home Sweet Home, Savannah Hargraves/Alaska Etc., Jennifer Seutter/Midnight Sun Greeting Card, Job Corps, Mat-Su Health Foundation, United Way of Mat-Su, Alaska Attachment and Bonding Assoc., Wasilla Physical Therapy, Enstar, Links, Mead Johnson, Musk Ox Farm, Jan Greeno, Laura Rust, Erin Gette-Shields, and McDonalds.

Betsy Woodin
Family Support Specialist
Alaska Center for Resource Families
PO Box 876844, Wasilla AK 99687
907-376-4678, fax 376-4638
bwoodin@nwresource.org
www.acrf.org

flag this »

143     May 21, 2008 - 10:05pm | trouble62

National Association of Letter Carriers 16th Annual Food Drive,

The National Association of Letter Carriers Branch 4319 would like to "Thank" the entire community of Anchorage, Eagle River, Wasilla, Palmer and Kenai for their generous food and monetary donations given during the nations largest one day food drive held Saturday May 10th. An amazing total of 81,058 pounds of food, 3000 pounds more than last year, was collected and distributed to the Food Bank of Alaska and pantries all across our communities. An incredible amount of 112,573 pounds was collected through out the state, including Fairbanks and Juneau. Since the inception of this food drive in 1993 the State total for NALC Branch 4319 has topped 1,116,767 pounds of food. A heartfelt thank you goes out to the sponsors, supporters and volunteers who assisted to make this years 16th annual food drive a huge success. We could not have accomplished this incredible task with out your wonderful support. Many Alaskan families will benefit this summer thanks to the hard work of the Letter Carriers and the generous people in our communities who stepped in to help.
Ann Holbrook, NALC Branch 4319 Food Drive Chairman

flag this »

142     May 7, 2008 - 5:36pm | mrsak

Mrs. Alaska and Mrs. Anchorage Thank You!!!

In its premier year, the Mrs. Alaska United States and Mrs. Anchorage pageant organizers extend a heart felt "thank you" to those organizations who believed in making the Mrs. Alaska pageant possible. The following companies contributed by giving financial contributions, volunteering their skills, or donating to the prize package for the Queen's Court:

- ASAP Printing
- Laura Model & Talent Agency
- GA-Digital Photos
- Anchorage Bucs Baseball Team
- Laughlin, Ogle & Rodgers (John Rodgers)
- Solara (Heather Bartlett)
- TracyAnna Design Studio
- Body Renew Alaska
- Chase Creative Concepts
- Alaska Professional Entertainment
- Nordby Photography
- Regis Salons (Alison Babcock)
- Passion Parties
- Kaladi Brothers Coffee
- I-Style
- Dooley's Tuxedo and Costume
- Rainforest Flowers
- Talking Media Circle
- Three Sister's Fabric
- Allstate, Kim Northup

Many, MANY thanks to these companies for making the Mrs. Alaska United States and Mrs. Anchorage pageant possible.

For more information on these fantastic organizations, visit the Mrs. Alaska website at: www.mrsak.com.

flag this »

141     April 19, 2008 - 12:17pm | cjdolfi

A Big Thanks to Palmer Businesses for "Kick Butts Day" 2008

More than 400,000 people in the United States will die this year from a tobacco related disease. On April 2nd “Kick Butts Day” our group called Mat-Su T.A.T.U. (Teens Against Tobacco Use) took a stand to stop youth from getting hooked on deadly tobacco products. We are students from Palmer High, Valley Pathways, Mat-Su Career/Tech High and Palmer Junior Middle school and we took our message to the streets of Palmer. With hand made banners, signs, posters, a bucket of sidewalk chalk and a megaphone we spread the word that tobacco kills. “Kick Butts Day” is a national event sponsored by Tobacco Free Kids and is a chance to heighten awareness of the dangers of tobacco use and to petition for FDA regulation on tobacco use.

Our T.A.T.U. group would like to recognize and thank the following business in and around Palmer who showed their support during the event.

Big THANKS go to the following: the City of Palmer, Spenard Builders Supply, Country Cutts, Coffee & Cream, Ace Hardware, CarQuest, Alaska Family Services, Palmer Vision Clinic, and Palmer Chiropractic. Also, big thanks to all of the people who honked to show their support and gave us thumbs up. We could not have done it with out your support!

There are many effective ways state and local officials can protect young people from tobacco. They can use funds from the states’ 1998 legal settlement with the tobacco companies to pay for tobacco prevention programs; they can increase tobacco taxes; and they can pass smoke-free laws to protect us from secondhand smoke. Consider these facts: Each day, more than 1,000 kids become new regular smokers; roughly one-third of them will die prematurely from a tobacco-related disease.

Today’s youth are not just part of the problem; they’re part of the solution. Our Mat-Su T.A.T.U. group wants tobacco companies to know that on “Kick Butts Day” and everyday throughout the year, we will fight them every step of the way!

Sincerely,

Mat-Su T.A.T.U. (Teens Against Tobacco Use)

flag this »

140     April 7, 2008 - 12:45pm | snowdn

Airport Heights Elementary Says Thanks.

On behalf of the staff and students of Airport Heights Elementary School, I would like to share that our recent science fair was a huge success. Much thanks goes to caring community members who were kind enough to take time out of their busy days to judge projects and give supportive feedback to our budding scientists.

A huge Polar Bear thank you to Dr. Ted Munsch, Mr. Jerry Gates, and their students from Alaska Pacific University. Polar Bear Pride also going out to Nathan Smith of Alaska Remodeling, Scott Cook of Golden Rule Construction and Tyler Goldade of Golden Rule Construction.

Schools thrive when community members are actively involved. For more information on how you can become involved at Airport Heights or any other school, please feel free to contact your local school. Many opportunities are available.

flag this »

139     March 22, 2008 - 12:33pm | jocecwhite

A Heartfelt Thank You

I spent Valentine Day in the hospital recovering from eye surgery.

On my lunch tray was a handmade valentine from a grade school student named Dominique. On the inside was a very tender handwritten message from her regarding what love was all about. On the outside was a lollypop and a small chocolate heart attached.

It is important to me for you to know that your greeting touched me deeply and more than served it's purpose.

I want to extend a heartfelt thank you to you, Dominique, and your teacher for making my recovery much easier.

God bless you girl. Have a happy life.

Cecil Whitehurst
Anchorage, AK.
272-0953

flag this »

138     March 18, 2008 - 12:29pm | meganpool

Thank you to Bird Treatment and Learning Center Volunteers

Thank you to all the Bird TLC volunteers who put in so much time and energy toward caring for the Ocean Beauty eagles. Without your hard work and sincere dedication we never could have pulled off the feat that we did. We want you to know that the staff and board appreciate all that you do for us every day!!!

flag this »

137     March 5, 2008 - 7:31pm | franskelly

Zonta thanks all Accidental Gourmet Sponsors and Attendees!

The Zonta Club of Anchorage announces the successful completion of Zonta’s Accidental Gourmet 2008 “Nights out in Anchorage” fundraiser. All proceeds from this annual cooking class event are donated to local and international charities that promote the status of women.

The Zonta Club of Anchorage would like to express our deepest appreciation to our generous sponsors, who enabled our largest fundraising success to date:

Talkeetna Alaskan Lodge & General Mgr. Fernando Salvador
Hotel Captain Cook & Executive Chef Steve Sandquist
King Career Center/Culinary Arts Assoc & Chef Jack Nurmi
Kinley’s Restaurant & Chef/Owner Brett Knipmeyer
University of Alaska Anchorage, Culinary Arts School & Director Tim Doebler
Ristorante’ ORSO & Executive Chef Patrick Hoogerhyde
Anchorage Daily News & Reporter Mike Peters
Bovey Trophies
Specialty Imports
Metro Cooks
Ivy & Co. Architects
Dimond High School Z Club

An additional special thanks to all of our class attendees, whose enthusiasm and continued support we could not do without!

Kelly Droop and Shelli Cutting
Co Chairs, Accidental Gourmet Committee
Zonta Club of Anchorage

flag this »

136     March 2, 2008 - 4:03pm | jcfalcone

Thank you to the Nordic Skiing Association of Anchorage

As the ski season ends and the snow begins to melt yet again, sorrow fills my heart. This sunshine means the dazzling snow will melt away and the perfectly groomed ski trails will be mere memories. It would be humanly impossible to ski the hundreds of miles of groomed trail in Anchorage in a day, but some how members of the Nordic Skiing Association of Anchorage find a way to groom them all. They are the set designers of the skiing world. Without all the hours their volunteers put in, half the time we would be skiing on an ice rink and the other half we'd be struggling to lift pounds of powder with every step. At every race the NSAA sets up, takes down, and starts the skiers. They even offer college scholarships. Skiing is a wonderful sport that people of all abilities can participate in, thanks to the Nordic Skiing Association of Anchorage.

Sara Elizabeth Falcone

flag this »

135     February 21, 2008 - 1:10pm | PattyKennedy

Thank You Contributors to the Middle School Girls' Math Conf.

A HUGE thank you to Alyeska Pipeline Service Company for major funding of the 15th Annual Middle School Girls' Math Experience Conference. Without money for snacks and lunch, we could not give the girls the opportunity to hear powerful women speak about their careers, and impart the importance of math in those careers. Thank you to Peterkin Distributors, bp, and Subway of Alaska for also contributing significantly. Other contributors and supporters: AT&T,
Alaska Bagel, Alaska Railroad Corporation, Anchorage Convention and Visitors Bureau, Barnes and Noble, Beartooth Theatre, Chugach Electric, Great Harvest Bread Company, Gruening PTO, Gruening Staff, Goldenview PTSA, Gwennie's Old Alaskan Restaurant, Mears Math Department, Moose's Tooth, Romig PTSA, SegTours of Anchorage, Sleepy Dog Coffee Company, The Body Shop, and, Title Wave Books.
Thank You, Patty Kennedy, ASD Math Support & Conference Coordinator

flag this »

134     February 21, 2008 - 12:49pm | PattyKennedy

Thank You to the 20 Fabulous Presenters at the MS Girls' Conf.

These FABULOUS ladies donated their most precious commodity, their time, to present at the 15th Annual Middle School Girls' Math Experience Conference on 2/16/08. In doing so, they shared their career paths and imparted the importance of mathematics to their careers with 300 impressionable middle school girls: Keynotes Betsy Haines and Tricia Lillibridge. Sectional Presenters: Jennifer Adleman, Katie Bloom, Penny Crane, Dana Danford/Susan Bunker, Meredith Gillman, Stephanie Griffin, Angela Jimenez, Luann Kehlenbach, Linda Limon, Annelie Nissen, Colleen O'Bryant, Amy Pelley, Victoria Pohl, Angie Slingluff, Maria Rentz, Tamra Thompson, Katy VerSteeg, and, Emily Walsh. Thank you so very much!
Patty Kennedy, ASD Math Support Teacher and Conference Coordinator.

flag this »

133     February 21, 2008 - 8:47am | jimb13

Icy Roads and Rescue

I want to publicly thank Donald Rahl, Sgt. Tillero of the 98th Maintenance Co. at Ft. Rich and an unknown driver of a black pickup truck. On Feb. 19th the rain was coming down on Eagle River Loop Rd. near Yosemite Dr. My pickup truck spun out on black ice and landed knee deep in the median. Mr. Rahl was right behind me and pulled off to make sure I was alright. The next two vehicles also pulled off. Mr. Rahl indicated he knew one of the drivers as Sgt. Tillero. The two decided I would not get out without a tow. The pickup driver climbed into the bed of his truck and got a tow strap. The road was so icy that Mr. Rahl fell onto his back as he made his way to stop traffic. Sgt. Tillero directed the pickup truck and myself as he too found it difficult to stand up on the icy road. I could see the pickup truck sliding sideways as he pulled my truck out of the median. I was so shaken up. I could not even get the phone numbers right to call my husband. Mr. Rahl dialed the number for me. The driver of the black pickup truck left without getting his name. I am so very thankful for the teamwork these three gentlemen demonstrated. C. Brundage

flag this »

132     February 18, 2008 - 12:00pm | gbfowler

Soldotna Equestrian Association in Soldotna says: "Thank You".

The Annual Soldotna Equestrian Associations Awards Event & Fund-Raiser was as huge of a success as our 2007 Season was.
We have the greatest members and volunteers around. A BIG THANKS to our 2007 Volunteers of the Year for EVERYTHING they did & continue to do: Tina Williamson, Colten Jensen, & Christopher Sorrels!
A special thanks to The Kenai Merrt Inn,The Back Door and Charlotte's Catering for the facility, refreshments and a fantastic dinner.
We would also, like to thank our local and state donators for our Silent Auction Items: National Oilwell, CW Tack and Western Wear (Wasilla), Alaska Industrial Hardware, 907 Snow Plowing, Best Transit Mix, Charlotte's Catering, J & H Sewing & Vacuum, Skin Like A Rose, The Masters Vineyard, Broken F Ranch, A Point of View Realty, All I Saw Photo, The Dobson Family, The Ashwell Family, Tammy Westover, The Sarks Family, and The Williamson Family.
Awards given: Lonestar Belt Buckles and Vests monogrammed by GAMAS for The Peninsula Cowboy Round-up Family Series Rodeos. Lonestar Belt Buckles and Echo Lake Feed Gift Certificates for SEA Team Penning. Lonestar Belt Buckles, Professional Choice SMB Boot Sets, Stall Blankets and Echo Lake Feed Gift Certificates for SEA Playdays.
Thanks again to all and we encourage anyone to get involved in any of our Equine events in 2008!
Finally, Thanks to the City of Soldotna for our Arena Land/Rodeo Grounds.

Submitted by:
Beth Fowler
SEA Board Member

flag this »

131     February 7, 2008 - 6:27am | wildfirewoods

AWAIC SHELTER FOR WOMEN

Thank you AWAIC, you made me see my life as it really was a mess.

Thank you so much for giving me a bed in your shelter when my husband was very abusive to me. Cell phone text messages don't lie.

I was shocked at their affair, he got very abusive to me
and called me a f retard after my hip surgery, I was having trouble putting my shoe on. Oh well another
one bites the dust.

Then a brick was thrown in our big front room picture window

He is now married to our preacher woman. The affair had been going on for many years. He was on the list of church trustees. It shows who you can really trust.

You can read my letter to the women at the AWAIC Shelter.

It might help them to see the light, as I have done.

Physical abuse and verbal abuse to me and our kids was not good

I learned alot from your staff and the many women that frequent your place for help.

The food was very good, it nourished my body.

I have since divorced my husband. What a great life I have now. I now have a beautiful three bedroom ranch style house, it was built 4 years ago.

Again thank you from the bottom of my heart

Sincerely,
Linda Fling

flag this »

130     January 23, 2008 - 9:34am | anita_porter

Armed Services YMCA of Alaska Thanks Local Business

The Armed Services YMCA of Alaska thanks the following businesses for their outstanding support of our wounded Soldiers who returned to Anchorage from Brooks Army Hospital for the Welcome Home Ceremony in December.
Sheraton Anchorage Hotel
Inlet Towers and Suites
Morrison Auto Group
National Car Rental, Jim Polyefko
City Diner
Simons and Seaforts
Char McClelland, Alaska Destination Specialists

flag this »

129     January 14, 2008 - 9:46am | bwoodin

Holiday event for children in foster and relative care

The following individuals and organizations generously donated items that were given to foster, relative care, and pre-adoptive families for children that have been removed from their birth families due to abuse and neglect. These thoughtful donations were greatly appreciated and helped to make the season brighter for the children as well as their families.

Alaska Rail Road, Java Junkies, Tacos Cancun. Betty Russell/A Better Cut, Town Square Art Gallery, Cranberry Cottage, Alaska Best Water, Fred Meyer, Just Imagine Toys, Studio 9, Paradise Tub and Tan, Wilson’s Wasilla Video, Charter College, Taco Bell, Arbys, Alaska Avalanche hockey team, Scott Deveau and son, James and Greda Humphrey, 1st National Bank of Alaska, Wells Fargo Bank, author Jack Randall, Iditarod Sled Dog Headquarters, Volunteer Firefighter’s Association, author Linda West, Teresa Sprague/Links Parent Resource Center, Shannon and Jennifer/Home Sweet Home Marketplace and Cafe, Joan Tower, Susan Draveling, Kelly Davis, author and artist Raven Wi, Jaime Roads/Let it Snow, Wilder Construction, Volunteers of America, 1st grade class at KGB, Lori Jean Pottery, Tara Scharber/All About Style, and MSC/UAA practicum student Laura Rust.

flag this »

128     January 11, 2008 - 12:37pm | brklyngrl16

THANK YOU!!!

I would like to extend my thanks to the 2-guys in the blue pickup that stopped to pull my vehicle that was stuck in the snow on C Street & International yesterday Jan 10 at around 5:20pm. They were GOD sent, good Samaritans with warm kind hearts. Thank You!!

flag this »

127     January 6, 2008 - 9:13pm | wildfirewoods

Alaska Regional Hospital

I would like to say thank you for saving my life.

When I suffered a heart attack back in December, 2001
due to stress. I never knew that I was under stress.
I carried it all inside of me.

Since then I managed to loose 115 pounds. Watching what I ate. I did follow the 3 s's diet like you said to do.
Wow, what a difference it made in my life.

Thank you again,
Linda Fling

P.S. I have managed to put on 30 pounds in 2 years.

flag this »

September 12, 2009 - 12:40pm | kattyjones

woohoo- Proud of you!!!

I too have lost alot of weight. I lost mine due to an abusive husband. Then when I filed for a divorce I won everything. I just learned I can file on his social security benefits and get half. You have to be married at least 10 years to do this. What do they say about a woman scorned? I came our the winner.

Hats off to you on your weight loss. I am very proud of you. I know my ex is living in a dream world now. He forgets how he abused me and the kids. Thank God for friends, they helped me change the house locks. So I could get everything out.

I thank the Anchorage Daily News for letting abused women print this stuff.

The abuser will have to answer to God for his evil ways!!

flag this »

October 3, 2009 - 5:29am | akbmd

Katty,

you are so funny...You go girl!

flag this »

October 16, 2009 - 1:19pm | kattyjones

akbmd

I would like to add a comment. Don't give up on Social Security. If denied for benefits, refile. They will pay you.

flag this »

October 15, 2009 - 8:35pm | kattyjones

akbmd

Thank you for your kindness. You should of seen the it
I was married too. He was part she and part he. He couldn't make up his mind.

Its funny how life turns out in your favor. He's going around telling our friends, that I have diabetes. He's such a liar.

Just found out when I turn 62 I can file a divorced spouse form for his social security benefits

Woo hoo

flag this »

October 15, 2009 - 8:35pm | kattyjones

akbmd

Thank you for your kindness. You should of seen the it
I was married too. He was part she and part he. He couldn't make up his mind.

Its funny how life turns out in your favor. He's going around telling our friends, that I have diabetes. He's such a liar.

Just found out when I turn 62 I can file a divorced spouse form for his social security benefits

Woo hoo

flag this »